The Muskingum volleyball team claimed a straight-set victory against Denison on Wednesday evening, 3-0 (25-21, 25-22, 25-17).
- Records: Muskingum (15-2), Denison (5-7)
- Location: Granville, Ohio - Livingston Gymnasium
- The victory marked Muskingum's eighth consecutive win.
- Muskingum has only surrendered 12 sets.
How It Happened
- The Muskies secured set one (25-21), set two (25-22), and set three (25-17).
- As a team, the Muskies logged 51 kills, 45 assists, and 66 digs.
- Sophomore Brynn Guist led the Muskies with 14 kills and 16 points.
- Sophomore Brooke Fatheree added 12 kills, 17 digs, and 12.5 points.
- Freshman Carson Miller registered 11 kills on 26 attempts, with a hitting percentage of .346.
- Sophomore Erin Dickson secured a team-best 40 assists.
- The Muskie backline was anchored by sophomore Jessica Cottle who had 23 digs.
Inside The Sets
- The Muskies and Big Red fought neck and neck in the first set until Muskingum was able to take the lead with a score of 20-16. The Big Red answered back with a four-point attack tying up the game 20-20. The Muskies continued to fight and secured a 5-1 run to lock in the victory.
- In set two, Denison took an early lead of 10-5. The Muskies tailed a 12-7 run to tie the set with a score of 17-17. Muskingum took control of play and secured the set 25-22.
- In set three, Muskingum was able to start off strong and take an early lead of 10-6. The Big Red chipped away at the differential, but were unable to stop the Muskies. Muskingum logged the final point to take the set with a score of 25-17.
- The Muskies next travel to John Carroll for its Ohio Athletic Conference opener on Saturday, September 29. Game time is slated for 12:00 p.m. Muskingum will also play Mount Vernon at 4:00 p.m.