The mission of the Muskingum Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity and communication between the student-athletes and athletics administration, protecting student-athlete welfare, and fostering a positive student-athlete image on campus and in the New Concord community.
SAAC was developed by the Muskingum athletic department to:
- Promote communication between the Muskingum athletics administration and its student-athletes.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues, including student-athlete welfare.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the Muskingum athletics department’s formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletic teams.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus and in the community.
SAAC representatives from all of Muskingum's 22 varsity sports have dedicated themselves to helping and promoting their fellow student-athletes, Muskingum and the community. Their efforts have helped to enhance a tradition of involvement by Muskingum student-athletes.
The group, which meets monthly, is charged with discussing ongoing issues at Muskingum and around the country pertaining to intercollegiate athletics and the lives of student-athletes.
During the 2018-19 academic year, SAAC planned, organized and hosted the 4th Annual Golden Hook Awards, hosted a Hoops for Hunger food drive and held special promotions throughout the year at Muskingum athletic events.
2019-20 SAAC Student Officers
2019-20 SAAC Team Representatives
Women's Soccer - Katie Bodenmiller, Jenna Jordan
Men's Soccer - Collin Smith, Thomas Rooney
Baseball - Brett Carson, Matthew Stewart
Softball - Haley Hawk, Shaena Mayer
Wrestling - Cody Jenkins, Tanner Donathan
Women's Lacrosse - McKenzie Fuller, Dani Crisp
Men's Lacrosse - Luke Swartz, MAx Pezzot
Women's Basketball - Casey Smith, Olivia Lang
Men's Basketball - Tyler Bardall, Micah Keith
Volleyball - Erin Dickson, Grace Lawrie
Cross Country - Mikayla Deiotte, Doug McIntire
Track & Field - Aaron Johnston, Spencer Neville
Football - Cameron Near, Nehemiah Bowie
Women's Golf - Erika Marano, Brittnee Edgar
Men's Golf - Thomas Green, Jonah Hanes
Men's Tennis - Chris Veney
Women's Tennis - Gracie Andrews, Kaylee Anstaett
Esports - Sheldon Broyles