Posted: Sep 07, 2018
The Muskingum volleyball team dominated at the Kenyon Tournament finishing 3-0 on the weekend. Beating Grove City 3-0 (25-15, 25-22, 25-14), Mount Saint Joseph 3-0 (25-15, 25-18, 25-16), and Kenyon 3-1 (25-18, 25-23, 22-25, 25-18).
- The tournament was hosted by Kenyon.
- Muskingum now stands 6-1 overall.
- The Muskies next take on Earlham at the Depauw Invitational Friday, Sept. 14 at 2:00 p.m.
Friday Night Action
Grove City (3-0)
- The Muskies came out with intensity and won back-to-back sets claiming a 3-0 victory over the Wolverines. The victory marked Muskingum's third straight set victory of the 2018-19 season.
- As a team the Muskies logged 39 kills, 26 assists, and 46 digs.
- Freshman Carson Miller led the attack with 13 kills on 19 attempts, with a hitting percentage of .684.
- Sophomore Erin Dickson registered a team-best 23 assists.
- Senior Jordan Youngs anchored the backline with 12 digs.
Mount Saint Joseph (3-0)
- The Muskies took control and won back-to-back sets claiming a 3-0 victory over the Lions. The victory marked Muskingum's fourth straight set victory of the 2018-19 season.
- As a team the Muskies logged 38 kills, 30 assists, and 66 digs.
- The attack was led by Miller and senior Miranda Plumly who both logged 8 kills.
- Sophomore Brooke Fatheree and sophomore Brynn Guist added 6 kills each.
- Dickson registered a team-best 29 assists.
- Fatheree led the team in digs with 19.
- Youngs added 15 digs while sophomore Jessica Cottle added 16.
- The Muskies battled hard to secure a 3-1 victory over Kenyon College. The Muskies ended the weekend 3-0.
- As a team the Muskies logged 51 kills, 50 assists, 70 digs.
- The Muskies were led by Fatheree who registered a team-high 24 kills and 24 digs.
- Miller and Plumly both added 7 kills.
- Dickson registered a team-best 46 assists.
- Cottle added 17 digs, sophomore Maddie Sikorski added 12, and Youngs added 11.