Posted: Oct 08, 2019
The 19th-ranked Muskingum volleyball team aced Wilmington to earn their fifth consecutive win on Tuesday, 3-0 (25-9, 25-9, 25-16).
- Records: Muskingum (18-2, 2-1 OAC), Wilmington (3-17, 0-2 OAC)
- Location: Wilmington, Ohio - Hermann Court
- This marks the Muskies 13th straight-set victory of the 2019 season.
- Muskingum has surrendered a total of 13 sets this year.
How It Happened
- The Muskies dominated in set one (25-9), two (25-9), and three (25-16).
- As a team, Muskingum registered 37 kills, 34 assists, and 44 digs.
- Junior Maddie McGee guided the Muskies with a team-high nine kills on 21 attempts, securing a scorching .381 hitting percentage.
- Freshmen Alexis Hall and Emma Conrad chipped in six kills each.
- Conrad also recorded a team-high 22 assists.
- Junior Jessica Cottle anchored the Muskie backline with a team-best 13 digs.
- Hall dished out three blocks, while junior Brynn Guist locked in two blocks.
Inside The Sets
- The Muskies took control of set one early on with a score of 6-1. Muskingum tallied eight straight points to expand the gap to 15-2. The Quakers chipped away at the differential, but the Muskies continued to control play. Muskingum recorded the final two points to take the set with a score of 25-9.
- In set two, Muskingum started off strong and slid past the Quakers with a score of 7-3. The Muskies continued to dominate recording back-to-back points to put them ahead 17-7. An 8-2 run locked in the win for the Muskies.
- In the third set, the Muskies and Quakers fought neck and neck with neither team taking more than a three point lead early on. Muskingum secured a 7-2 run to slide past Wilmington with a score of 13-8. The Quakers fought to close the gap, but the Muskie momentum could not be halted. Muskingum secured the last point to record their 13th straight-set victory of the year.
- Muskingum next travels to Hiram to battle the Hiram College Terriers on Friday, October 11. Start time is slated for 7:00 p.m.