Posted: Apr 07, 2019
The Muskingum women's outdoor track and field team finished first in the six-team field at the Muskingum Invitational this weekend.
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Johnson Family Track
- The Muskies notched a total of 61 points.
- Senior Kimberly Taylor led the Muskies finishing 5th overall in the outdoor heptathlon with a total of 3,402 points. Taylor notched 2nd in high jump (1.54 meters) and javelin (26.96 meters). She finished 5th in shot put (7.91 meters), 200-meter dash (28.31), and long jump (4.71 meters). Taylor rounded out her efforts finishing 6th in the 100-meter hurdles (19.21) and the 800-meter dash (2:50.10).
- Freshman Sydney Lowry finished second in the 100-meter dash with a time of 13.64.
- Lowry secured first in the 200-meter dash (28.12), while sophomore Mary Double took second (28.35).
- Double also notched first in the 400-meter dash with a final time of 1:05.01.
- Sophomore Louisa Smith recorded a 100-meter hurdles time of 17.30, finishing first.
- Freshman Spencer Neville took first in the 400-meter hurdles with a final time of 1:10.16.
- Junior Emily Ellyson guided the Muskies finishing first in high jump with a mark of 1.58 meters.
- Neville secured second in high jump with a leap of 1.45 meters.
- Double took second in long jump with a distance of 4.95 meters.
- Sophomore Trustyn Holland-Kerkes finished first in women's javelin with a toss of 31.40 meters.
- Ellyson notched second in javelin with a distance of 28.25 meters.
- The Muskies next travel to Deleware, Ohio to participate in the All-Ohio Championships at Ohio Wesleyan on Saturday, April 13. Start time is slated for 10:00 a.m.