Posted: Oct 16, 2019
The Muskingum women's soccer team fell in a tough battle on a wet and cold night against Mount Union on Wednesday, 1-0.
- Records: Muskingum (6-8,1-3), Mount Union (5-6-1,1-3)
- Location: Alliance
- Game Length: 1:56
- The lone goal of the game was scored in the second half by Mount Union from Cortni Arp in the 59th minute to make the final score, 1-0.
- Leading the Muskie attack was sophomore Natalie Woodward with two shots.
- Senior Abigail Wagner and junior Alyssa Schneider each had one shot for the Muskies.
- Junior Katie Bodenmiller played all 90 minutes in frame for the Muskies and made 11 saves on the night.
- Leading the Purple Raider attack was Cortni Arp with eight total shots and the lone goal of the game.
- Sara Thomas had four shots for Mount Union.
- Mount Union goalkeeper Skyelar Mantz had three saves in goal.
- The Muskies next look to defend home turf as they welcome OAC opponent Baldwin Wallace for their Homecoming game on Saturday, October 19. Game time is set for 5:00 p.m. at the North Athletic Turf Field.