Posted: Oct 09, 2019
The Muskingum women's soccer team defeated Wilmington for the first time in program history on Wednesday night, 3-1.
- Records: Muskingum (6-6, 1-1), Wilmington (6-3-1, 1-1)
- Location: New Concord
- Attendance: 150
- Game Length: 1:50
- The Muskie victory snapped Wilmington's seven-game unbeaten streak.
- The Muskingum-Wilmington all-time series started in 1991.
- The Muskies got the scoring started in the first half after a goal from junior Mary Double after a nice through ball from senior Abigail Wagner in the 22nd minute to make it, 1-0.
- Double got her second goal of the night after Quaker goalkeeper miss-handled a ball in the 37th minute to make 2-0 heading into halftime.
- The Muskies got their third and final goal of the night from freshman Peyton Phillips off a cross from Double in the 61st minute, making the score, 3-0.
- The Quakers were able to get on the board late in the second half off a goal from Tiffany Hayes in the 76th minute to make the final score, 3-1.
- Leading the Muskie attack was Double with three shots, two goals, and one assist.
- Phillips had one shot and one goal for Muskingum.
- Wagner added one assist to help aid the Muskie offense.
- Sophomore Natalie Woodward, freshman Jenna Jordan, senior Emily Ellyson, and freshman Kaitlin Dawson each added one shot on the night for the Muskies.
- Junior Katie Bodenmiller played all 90 minutes in frame for the Muskies and had nine saves.
- Leading the Quakers was Maddie Scott with five shots.
- Payton Watson added four shots for the Quaker attack.
- Wilmington goalkeeper Lauren Galloway had two saves in goal.
- The Muskies next look to defend home turf as they take on Ohio Northern in OAC action on Saturday, October 12. The Cancer Awareness contest is set for 1:00 p.m. at the North Athletic Turf Field.