Sep 17, 2019
The Muskingum women's soccer team came away with a victory in the first-ever SAAC Muskie Pride game defeating Bethany on Tuesday night, 4-1.
- Records: Muskingum (2-4), Bethany (0-5)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - North Athletic Turf Field
- Attendance: 450
- Game Length: 2:00
- The Muskies got the scoring started early in the first half with a goal from junior Mary Double in the 3rd minute making it, 1-0. The strike was set up by freshman Monique Reil.
- Freshman Peyton Phillips got her first goal of the year after an assist from senior Abigail Wagner in the 14th minute, making the score 2-0.
- Double got her second goal of the night early in the second half off an assist from sophomore Maddie Wirtley in the 54th minute making it, 3-0.
- Later in the second half Double netted a hat trick with her third goal in the 71st minute off a double assist from freshman Lexi Fry and Reil giving the Muskies a commanding 4-0 lead.
- Riley Meyers finally got the Bison on the board late in the second half with a goal in the 83rd minute making the final score, 4-1.
- Double led the Muskie attack with seven shots en route to registering a hat trick.
- Phillips had three shots and one goal for the Muskies.
- Sophomore Natalie Woodward added two shots with one shot on goal.
- Reil ended the outing with a team-best two assists.
- Wagner and Wirtley each logged one assist.
- Fry also had one shot and one assist.
- Junior Katie Bodenmiller played 70 minutes in frame for the Muskies making two saves.
- Freshman Paige Stringfellow played the last 20 minutes in goal and made one save.
- Leading the Bison offense was Meyers with three shots and one goal.
- Grace Chambers added two shots with one shot frame.
- The Muskies ended the night outshooting the Bison, 22-6 and held a 6-1 edge in corner kicks.
- The Muskingum women's soccer team next travel to Defiance to take on Defiance on Saturday, September 21. Game time is set for 2:30 p.m. at Winsper-Knobel Memorial Field.