Oct 17, 2018
The Muskingum women's soccer team was conquered by Capital on Wednesday evening, 3-1.
- Records: Muskingum (5-10, 0-6 OAC), Capital (11-3, 5-1 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio
- Attendance: 115
- Game Duration: 1:50
How It Happened
- The Crusaders opened the scoring in the 18th minute off a goal from Carlee Murry.
- Muskingum was quick to answer when freshman Natalie Woodward blasted a shot past the keeper in the 26th minute.
- The score remained 1-1 into the break thanks to an outstanding performance by the Muskie defense, led by sophmore keeper Katie Bodenmiller with six saves.
- Capital took an early advantage in the second half when Sydney Dion scored in the 56th minute to make it 2-1.
- Murry added her second goal in the 73rd minute and finalized the Crusader's 3-1 edge.
- The Muskies were outshot by Capital 32-8.
- Woodward lead Muskingum's attack, recording three shots and one goal.
- Bodenmiller played the entire 90 minutes between the pipes and made 13 saves while allowing three goals.
- Kelly Bachmann received the win in frame for Capital.
- Maggie Peddicord led the Crusader's attack, logging six shots and one assist.
- Muskingum next hosts Otterbein for Senior Day on Saturday, October 20. Game time is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. and is part of Muskingum's Homecoming Weekend.