The Muskingum women's soccer team erupted for a season-high five goals en route to a 5-0 rout against Defiance on Saturday afternoon. The game marked Muskingum's annual Cancer Awareness Game.
- Records: Muskingum (4-4 overall), Defiance (0-8)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - North Athletic Turf Field
- Game Duration: 1:50
- Attendance: 222
- Muskingum's five goals marked a new season-high output.
- The win was the second straight for the Muskies and their third win in their last four games.
- Muskingum registered a season-best five assists.
- The shutout victory was the second of the campaign for the Muskies.
How It Happened
- Sophomore Mary Double opened the scoring in the eighth minute. She ended the outing with two goals and two assists.
- Freshman Lindsay Dunlap gave the Muskies a 2-0 edge in the ninth minute off an assist from Double.
- Dunlap added her second tally in the 20th minute off a double assist from freshman Britney Golden and Double. The strike came off a corner kick.
- Freshman Natalie Woodward extended the Muskie advantage to 4-0 with a goal in the 40th minute off an assist from Golden.
- Double completed the assault with a goal in the 73rd minute off an assist from junior Abigail Wagner.
- Muskingum ended the outing with a 28-16 advantage in shots and held an 8-0 edge in corner kicks.
- Double led the team with nine shots while Woodward had six strikes, and Dunlap struck four shots.
- Sophomore goalie Katie Bodenmiller played the opening 45 minutes in frame and made four saves. Senior Heather Maxwell played 33 minutes and made two saves, and freshman keeper Madee Shipley played the final 12 minutes and recorded two saves.
- Whitney Web led the Yellow Jackets with six shots.
- Madi Bowman played the first half in goal and allowed four goals and made four saves. Kiana Carpenter played the final 45 minutes in goal and made two saves and allowed one goal.
- Muskingum next plays at Bethany on Tuesday, September 25. Game time is slated for 4:30 p.m.