Posted: Sep 17, 2018
The Muskingum women's soccer tamed the Thiel Tomcats on a wet Monday evening en route to securing a 4-1 win.
- Records: Muskingum (3-4), Thiel (1-6)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio
- Attendance: 156
- Game Duration: 1:50
- Freshman Britney Golden scored a career-high two goals during the contest.
- Muskingum outshot Thiel 32-23.
- Muskingum's four goals tied the season-high for goals.
How It Happened
- Golden scored the first goal of the game in the 41st minute. The strike came off a free kick from 32 yards out.
- The Muskies entered the break with a 1-0 lead, outshooting Thiel 16-13.
- Sophomore Ali Gilt recorded Muskingum's second goal in the 70th minute. The score was assisted by freshman Katya Vernon.
- Golden fired another shot into the goal from 20 yards out in the 78th minute. Golden led the Muskies in scoring with a career-high two goals.
- Vernon scored Muskingum's final goal off a pass from junior Abigail Wagner in the 80th minute.
- Muskingum ended the outing with a 32-23 edge in shots. The Muskies also held a 5-2 edge in corner kicks.
- Sophomore Mary Double led the team with seven shots, while freshman Lindsay Dunlap added four strikes.
- Sophomore keeper Katie Bodenmiller played all 90 minutes in frame and made 10 saves to secure the win.
- Marissa Ramirez led Thiel in scoring with a goal in the 78th minute.
- Chimamaka Palmer played the bulk of the game between the pipes. She recorded 10 saves and allowed four goals.
- Muskingum hosts Defiance for its annual Cancer Awareness Game on Saturday, September 22. Game time is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. at the North Athletic Turf Field.