Posted: Nov 16, 2019
The Muskingum wrestling team competed at the Case Western Invite and saw wrestlers earn positive results on Saturday afternoon.
- Location: Cleveland
On The Mat
- Freshman Noah DeHainaut went 2-0 to finish undefeated on the day in the 285 weight class. DeHainaut won by a 2-0 decision against Grant Robinson of Case Western and a 6-1 decision over Nathan Scott of Ohio Wesleyan.
- Sophomore Carter Layton (174) and freshman Isaac Sell (184) both earned their earned theri first collegiate wins. Layton won by pin over Trevor Chippas of Case Western in 2:25 and Sell won by technical fall, 19-4, over Stephen Andryc of Case Western.
- Junior Garrett Mitchel earned a win in the 197 weight class by pin over Joey Shulik of Case Western in 4:00.
- Freshman Tanner Donathan also got a win in the 149 weight class by pin over Lane Williams of Ohio Wesleyan in 58 seconds.
- Senior Cody Jenkins pinned Seth Bowman of Defiance in 37 seconds to earn a victory in the 285 weight class.
- The Muskies next hit the road to compete in the Mount Union Dual on Tuesday, November 19. The matches are set to begin at 7:00 p.m. in The MAAC.