Posted: Oct 05, 2019
The Muskingum men's soccer team couldn't get pass #9 John Carroll in their OAC opener losing on Saturday night, 6-0.
- Records: Muskingum (7-3-1, 0-1), John Carroll (8-2-1, 1-0)
- Location: New Concord
- Attendance: 150
- Game Length: 2:00
- John Carroll got the scoring started early in the first half off a goal from Lawrence Cersosimo from an assist by Mitchell Kotheimer in the eighth minute making it, 1-0.
- The Blue Streaks got their second goal from Nicholas Ruggeiro off an assist from William Turrittin in the 17th minute to make it, 2-0.
- Justin Lafountain got John Carroll's third goal on the night just before the half off an assist from Mario Aboumitri in the 35th minute to make the halftime score, 3-0.
- The Muskies received a red card right before half - which forced Muskingum to play with 10 men the rest of the contest.
- John Carroll got their fourth goal from Jared Ianiro in the 51st minute to make it, 4-0.
- It became 5-0 in favor of John Carroll after a goal Brenden Swann in the 65th minute.
- The Blue Streaks got their sixth and final goal from Cooper Bizjack in the 71st minute off an assist from Brenden Swann to make the final score, 6-0.
- Leading the Muskie attack was sophomore Jeremiah Kusi with three shots.
- Sophomore Bailey Adams, sophomore Ryan Peck, and junior Jordan Work each had one shot for the Muskies.
- Junior Damon Spaeth played all 90 minutes in frame for Muskingum and made six saves on the night.
- Leading the Blue Streaks attack was Mario Aboumitri with four shots and one assist.
- Lawrence Cersosimo and Jared Ianiro each had two shots and a goal for John Carroll.
- Brenden Swann and Nicholas Ruggeiro each had one goal and an assist for the Blue Streaks attack.
- Cooper Bizjack also added a goal for John Carroll.
- Blue Streak goalie Connor Robinson played 75 minutes in frame and made three saves.
- Connor Gynn played the last 15 minutes in goal for John Carroll.
- The Muskies next travel for OAC competition to take on Wilmington on Wednesday, October 9. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m. at Townsend Field.