Oct 02, 2019
The Muskingum men's soccer team defeated Chatham after a dominant second half in their SAAC Muskie Pride game Wednesday night winning, 3-0.
- Records: Muskingum (7-2-1), Chatham (3-5-2)
- Location: New Concord
- Attendance: 200
- Game Length: 2:00
- The scoring got started in the second half from the Muskies off a goal from sophomore Bailey Adams in the 60th minute making the score, 1-0.
- The Cougars went down to ten men after a red card was shown to Edgar Interiano-Lemus in the 56th minute.
- The Muskies got their second of the night from sophomore Omar Lahbik after he put it in the back of the net off a penalty kick in the 62nd minute to make the score, 2-0.
- Muskingum got their third and final goal off a header from freshman Sujit Khatiwoda off a free kick assist from junior Logan Gray in the 86th minute to make the final score. 3-0.
- Leading the Muskie attack was senior Chase Michael Hillard ending the night with four shots.
- Adams added two shots with one goal for Muskingum.
- Sophomore Noah Worley also added two shots for the Muskies.
- Khatiwoda and sophomore Omar Lahbiki each had one shot and one goal for the Muskie offense.
- Gray added one shot and one assist to help the Muskie attack.
- Senior Adam Fox, freshman Nishan Pokwal, freshman Thomas Rooney, and junior Jordan Work each had one shot on the night for Muskingum.
- Junior Damon Spaeth played all 90 minutes in frame for the Muskies and made four saves on the night.
- Leading the Chatham offense was Ran Matshushita, Ryan Tahbaz, and Luke Zezza who all had two shots for the Cougars.
- Gunnar Graham and Ken Richard each added one shot for Chatham.
- Chatham goalkeeper Mazatl Torres-Perez played 60 minutes in frame with two save but left due to injury.
- Wyatt Cory played the last 20 minutes in goal and made two saves.
- The Muskies ended the night outshooting the Cougars, 16-9.
- The Muskies next look to defend home turf as they host #9 John Carroll on Saturday, October 5. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m. at the North Athletic Turf Field.