Sep 21, 2019
The Muskingum men's soccer team suffered their first loss of the season losing to Wooster on Saturday afternoon, 3-1.
- Records: Muskingum (6-1), Wooster (3-5)
- Location: Wooster
- Game Length: 2:00
- The Fighting Scots got the scoring started early in the first half from Max Hill in the 12th minute making the score, 1-0.
- The Muskies tied the game up in the 27th minute from sophomore Omar Lahbiki off a free kick from about 25 yards out making it, 1-1.
- Wooster was able to take the lead before the end of the first half from Paulo Nunes in the 44th minute off an assist from Zacharias Andreou making the halftime score, 2-1.
- The Fighting Scots scored early in the second half from Bennett Anderson in the 49th minute off an assist from Manny Burton to beat the Muskie defense and make it the final score, 3-1.
- Lahbiki led the Muskie attack with one shot and one goal.
- Senior Chase Michael Hillard had one shot and one shot on goal.
- Senior Drew Wise also added one shot and one shot on goal for the Muskies.
- Junior Damon Spaeth played all 90 minutes in frame for the Muskies and made four saves on the day.
- Leading the Wooster attack was Paulo Nunes with three shots and one goal.
- Andreas Xenofontos had three shots and one shot on goal.
- Max Hill added two shots, two shots on goal, and one goal for the Fighting Scots.
- Bennett Anderson also added one shot and one goal.
- Zacharias Andreou added one shot, one shot on goal, and one assist.
- Wooster goalkeeper Will Collis made two saves in goal.
- The Fighting Scots outshot the Muskies on the day, 14-6.
- Muskingum hits the road once again as they take on Washington & Jefferson on Wednesday, September 25. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m. at Alexandre Stadium.