Sep 07, 2019
The Muskingum men's soccer team earned their third straight win defeating Thiel Saturday night, 2-1. It is the Muskies first 3-0 start since 2010.
- Records: Muskingum (3-0), Thiel (0-3-1)
- Location: New Concord
- Attendance: 150
- Game Length: 1:45
- The Muskies got the scoring started late in the first half with a goal from junior Jordan Work in the 44th minute with the assist from sophomore Bailey Adams making it 1-0 going into halftime.
- The Tomcats tied the game up at 1-1 with a second-half goal from Bradley Novak in the 59th minute with an assist from Shotaro Kawaguchi.
- The Muskies took the lead for good with another goal from Work in the 62nd minute that was assisted by Adams to make it 2-1.
- Work led the Muskie offense with two goals and tied for the lead in shots with six, four on goal.
- Freshman Edwin Palou also had six shots, with three on goal.
- Adams had five shots with one on goal and two assists for the Muskies.
- Sophomore Jeremiah Kusi added two shots with one on goal.
- Junior Damon Spaeth played all 90 minutes in net with two saves.
- Bradley Novak led the Tomcats attack with three shots and one goal.
- Christopher Felger added three shots with one on goal.
- Tomcats goalkeeper Devin Weisbarth had six saves in goal.
- The Muskies ended the game with a 20-10 advantage in shots.
- Muskingum next travels to Waynesburg on Wednesday, September 11. Game time is set for 8:00 p.m. at John F. Wiley Stadium.