Sep 04, 2019
The Muskingum men's soccer team beat Wittenberg in an overtime thriller on Wednesday night, 3-2. The game marked the home opener for the Muskies.
- Records: Muskingum (2-0), Wittenberg (0-3)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio
- Attendance: 150
- Game Length: 2:15
- The Muskies got the scoring started with a goal in the 22nd minute from junior Jordan Work off an assist from sophomore Bailey Adams making it 1-0.
- Wittenberg got on the board early in the second half from a goal by Danny Kukanza in the 47th minute off a corner kick from Aaron Craddock to make it 1-1.
- The Muskies regained the lead 2-1 off a penalty kick late in the second half from senior Drew Wise in the 88th minute.
- The Tigers scored a last-minute goal to send the game into overtime with a goal from Sean Williams in the 90th minute.
- Less than a minute into overtime, the Muskies registered a fantastic goal from Adams to earn the Muskies a victory at home, 3-2.
- Adams led the Muskies with five shots, all five on goal, and had a goal and an assist on the night.
- Work added three shots and a goal for the Muskies, while sophomore JJ Morelli added two shots.
- Junior goalkeeper Damon Spaeth made five saves on the night for the Muskies.
- Wittenberg ended the game outshooting the Muskies, 21-14.
- Jacob Snowden and Danny Kukanza led the Tigers with four shots each.
- Wittenberg goalkeeper Jason Bowen ended the game with seven saves.
- Muskingum next takes on Thiel at home on Saturday, September 7. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m. at the North Athletic Turf Field.