Oct 03, 2018
The Muskingum men's soccer team cracked against Wilmington 7-1.
- Records: Muskingum (5-6 overall), Wilmington (6-4)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio
- Attendance: 203
- Game Duration: 2:20
How It Happened
- The Quakers notched three unanswered goals in the first 15 minutes of play. Ludwig Lantz scored in the third minute. Thompson Birch added another goal in the 11th minute. Ian Molfenter put the Quakers up 3-0 with a score in the 15th minute.
- Senior Chase Michael Hilliard capitalized on a pass from junior Don Ingold in the 18th minute to make it 3-1.
- Wilmington answered in the 37th minute with a goal from Niklas Martensson. Two minutes later, Treshaun Pate managed to score, putting the Quakers up 5-1.
- Muskingum junior Drew Wise received a red card in the first minute of the second half which put Wilmington up a man.
- Six minutes into the second half, Leon Tank notched a goal for Wilmington.
- In the 87th minute, Mitchell Corey was given a red card, putting the Quakers up two men.
- Bruce Anthony finished off the scoring for Wilmington in the 88th minute to finalize the game 7-1.
- Senior keeper Josh Routte played the first 45 minutes in frame and made one save while allowing five goals. Sophomore William Chase Bradshaw was between the pipes for the second half. He made three saves and allowed two goals.
- Felix Maurer played the majority of the game in goal for the Quakers and allowed one goal.
- Niklas Martensson guided Wilmington with five shots and one goal.
- Muskingum next hosts Ohio Northern on Saturday, October 6 at the North Athletic Turf Field. Game time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.