The Muskingum men's soccer team captured an incredible win in double overtime against Washington & Jefferson on Wednesday night. The Muskies scored in the final minute to claim the thrilling 2-1 victory.
- Records: Muskingum (5-4), Washington & Jefferson (2-5-1)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio
- Attendance: 313
- Game Duration: 2:50
- The win marked the fourth straight victory for the Muskies.
- Freshman Blake Weatherholt hit the game-winning shot in the final minute of double overtime.
- Senior Chase Michael Hilliard contributed to the Muskie attack with five shots and one assist.
How It Happened
- Senior Mitchell Corey blasted a shot past the goalie off an assist from freshman Omar Lahbiki in the 21st minute.
- The Presidents answered with a goal from Connor Anderson in the 67th minute to make it 1-1.
- In the 76th minute, Sam Caurdy received a red card which put Washington & Jefferson down a man.
- Weatherholt, assisted by Hilliard, scored to end the contest in the 109th minute.
- Senior Josh Routte played the entire 109 minutes in frame securing six saves off of seven shots on goal.
- Paul Mokrzan led the Presidents, logging six shots.
- Nick Stasko played the entire 109 minutes between the pipes recording eight saves and allowing two goals.
- Muskingum next opens Ohio Athletic Conference play at John Carroll on Saturday, September 29. Game time is slotted for 4:00 p.m.