The Muskingum men's basketball team defeated Adrian on the road in Sunday afternoon action, 83-78.
- Records: Muskingum (2-2), Adrian (2-3)
- Location: Merillat Sport and Fitness Center
- Junior Marcus Dempsey moved up to fifth all-time in scoring for the Muskingum men's basketball program with 1,459 points. Dempsey passes Myron Dulkoski (1979-83) who scored 1,453 points in his Muskie career.
Inside The Numbers
- Dempsey led the Muskies with 31 points, while also grabbing seven rebounds.
- Junior Mitch Clark and sophomore Trey Singleton both added 16 points for Muskingum.
- Junior Tyler Bardall chipped in eight points.
- As a team, the Muskies shot 52.5% from the field and 45.8% from behind the arc.
- Leading the Bulldogs was Jordan Harris with 20 points and added six assists.
- Jeremy Kalonji added 17 points, while Connor Pelham chipped in with 14 points.
- As a team, Adrian shot 49.1% from the field and 37% from behind the arc.
The Bulldogs got off to a quick 8-2 start in the first few minutes of the game before Dempsey would tie it up at 8-8 with back-to-back three pointers with 17:23 remaining in the first-half. Adrian would have their largest lead in the first-half as they were up 30-17 with 10 minutes remaining until the Muskies would make a fierce comeback with 19-0 run in about a four minute span to take lead, 36-30 with 6:26 remaining in the first-half. Muskingum would end up holding their lead at halftime, 43-39.
The Muskies would have their largest lead of the game, 59-48, with 12:08 remaining in the second-half, but that lead would not hold as the Bulldogs would battle back with multiple scoring spurts. The closest Adrian would get was 71-70 with 4:18 remaining, but big shots from Dempsey and Clark with less than two minutes remaining and clutch free throws from Dempsey in the final minute would help lift the Muskies over Adrian, 83-78.
- The Muskies next hit the road as they begin Ohio Athletic Conference play at Baldwin Wallace on Saturday, December 7. Game time is set to begin at 3:00 p.m. at the Rudolph Ursprung Gymnasium.