The Muskingum men's basketball team couldn't get pass Trine as they fell to the Thunder on Saturday evening, 95-73.
- Records: Muskingum (1-2), Trine (2-2)
- Location: MTI Center
- Junior Marcus Dempsey scored 39 points and moved up to sixth all-time in scoring for the men's basketball program with 1,428 points. Dempsey passed his father Mark Dempsey who played for the Muskies from 1981-1985.
Inside The Numbers
- Dempsey led the Muskies in scoring with 39 points while adding five assists.
- Junior Mitch Clark added 15 points and grabbed two rebounds for Muskingum.
- The Muskies as a team shot 42.9% from the field.
- Leading Trine was Jake Daniels with 23 points.
- Mitchell Geller added 18 points while also getting nine total rebounds.
- Langston Johnson chipped in 15 points and dished out six assists for the Thunder.
- The Thunder as a team shot 50% from the field.
Trine got off to a quick 10-4 start in the first four minutes of the game then climbed their lead to 16-8 before the Muskies took a timeout with 14:10 remaining in the first half. The Muskies would cut the deficit to 24-21 with 8:00 minutes remaining after free-throws and a basket from Dempsey. The Muskies would battle back-and-forth with Trine the rest of the first-half with Muskingum headed to halftime down, 38-34.
The closest the Muskies got in the second-half to Trine was 48-45, but the Thunder would start making small six-point and eight-point runs to increase their lead throughout the second half. The largest the lead for Trine was 24 points and the Muskies were not able to make up the deficit falling, 95-73.
- The Muskies next hit the road once again as they travel to Adrian, Michigan to take on Adrian on Sunday, November 24. Game time is set for 2:00 p.m. at the Merillat Sport and Fitness Center.