The Muskingum men's basketball fell to Ohio Wesleyan in their home opener on Wednesday night, 95-69.
- Records: Muskingum (1-1), Ohio Wesleyan (2-1)
- Location: Anne C. Steele Center
- Attendance: 510
- The basketball game marked the Hoops for Hunger game and the SAAC Muskie Pride game.
Inside The Numbers
- Sophomore MJ Smith and junior Mitch Clark both led the Muskies with 13 points each.
- Sophomore Trey Singleton added 10 points with two rebounds.
- Junior Alex Masinelli chipped in with eight points and six total rebounds off the bench.
- Leading Ohio Wesleyan was Grant Spicer with 17 points and eight rebounds.
- Gabe Johnson added 16 points, while Ethan Stanislawski scored 15 points for Ohio Wesleyan.
- The Muskies ended the game shooting 22-of-67 (.328) from the field, which included hitting 8-of-30 (.267) from behind the arc. Muskingum also connected on 17-of-30 (.567) free throws and grabbed 29 rebounds.
- The Battling Bishops made 40-of-63 (.635) from the floor and hit 11-of-26 (.423) from three-point land. Ohio Wesleyan went 4-of-8 (.500) from the free-throw line and hauled in 40 rebounds.
Both teams were tied 5-5 in the first four minutes of the game, and then Ohio Wesleyan went on a 12-point run to give them a 17-5 lead with 13:15 remaining in the first half. Ohio Wesleyan added a second scoring burst before half scoring 21 straight points to take control of the outing en route to entering the break with a 47-21 advantage.
- The Muskies next hit the road when they travel to take on Trine on Saturday, November 23. Game time is set for 3:00 p.m. at the MTI Center.