The Muskingum men's basketball team opened the season on a winning note defeating Kenyon on Saturday evening, 83-67.
- Records: Muskingum (1-0), Kenyon (1-1)
- Location: Gambier
- Attendance: 327
Inside The Numbers
- Junior Marcus Dempsey led the Muskies with 30 points, and added 10 rebounds and five assists.
- Sophomore Trey Singleton notched 21 points and added two rebounds.
- Junior Mitch Clark added 11 points and grabbed nine boards.
- As a team, the Muskies went 27-for-66 (40.9%) from the field and went 11-for-31 (35.5%) from behind the arc.
- Elijah Davis led Kenyon with 22 points and had three assists.
- Ryan O'Neil added 12 points off the bench for Kenyon and notched three rebounds.
- As a team, Kenyon went 24-for-66 (36.4%) from the field and went 5-for-24 (20.8%) from behind the arc.
Both team's did not get off to hot start's as the score was in favor of Kenyon, 13-10, within the first ten minutes of the game and would continue to go back and forth between the two teams. The first half would end with the Muskies taking a 34-31 lead off a three-point buzzer-beater from Dempsey to end the half.
The Muskies would go on a 15-3 run to start the first five minutes of the second half and would not look back the rest of the game. Kenyon pulled within six points, 60-54, with 7:54 remaining in the game but key free throws from Singleton and a lay-up from Clark put the Muskies back up by ten with less than seven minutes remaining. Free throws form Dempsey and sophomore MJ Smith with less than a minute remaining would seal the game, giving the Muskies a 83-67 victory.
- The Muskies next look to defend home court as they take on Ohio Wesleyan in their home opener and Hoops for Hunger game on Wednesday, November 20. Game time is set for 8:00 p.m. at the Anne C. Steele Center.