- Records: Muskingum (5-6 overall, 1-4 OAC), Lynchburg (10-1)
- Location: Greensboro, North Carolina - Guilford College Classic
- Senior Jayson Peoples guided the Muskies with a career-high of 19 points.
- Sophomore Mitch Clark tallied 14 points and seven rebounds.
- Senior Devon Peart notched 12 points and dished out four assists.
- Senior Jalen Paige added eight points and hauled in five rebounds.
- As a team, the Muskies went 21-for-57 (36.8%) from the field and 9-for-33 from the arc (27.3%).
- Austin Wrighten guided Lynchburg's offense with 21 points while Jesse Case put up 15 points.
- Lynchburg made 37.9% of their shots (22-for-58), went 10-for-25 from the arc (40.0%), and ended the contest shooting 21-for-30 from the free-throw line (70.0%).
- Lynchburg started off strong with a 22-9 run after Daryl Myers hit a three-pointer with 11:12 left in the first half. Freshman Carson Carter answered for the Muskies when he knocked down a free-throw at the 6:01 juncture to conclude a 10-3 burst, making it 25-19. Muskingum outscored Lynchburg (10-5) in the final minutes of play, cutting the Hornets' lead to one-point (30-29) at the break.
In the second half, Clark drilled a jumper at the 19:38 mark to give the Muskies a 31-30 edge. Lynchburg answered with a 15-6 span to regain the lead (45-37) with 15:05 on the clock. Over the next six minutes, Muskingum outscored the Hornets (14-10) to make it 55-51. Lynchburg retaliated with a 7-2 spurt, extending their advantage to nine points (62-53) with 6:00 minutes remaining. Then, Peoples drained a triple off an assist from Paige to ignite a 10-0 streak, putting the Muskies in front (63-62) with 4:19 to go. During the last four minutes, the Hornets used a 13-3 run to halt the Muskies' momentum and win the game (75-66).
Muskingum next takes on Guilford at the Guilford College Classic on Sunday, December 30. Game time is slated for 4:00 p.m.