The Muskingum football team hosts Heidelberg for Senior Day on Saturday, November 2. Game time is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. in McConagha Stadium. Fairfield Inn & Suites in Cambridge is the official GAMEDAY sponsor.
Before the start of the contest, Muskingum will recognize senior defensive lineman Yannis Dailey, senior linebacker Caleb Gaiters, senior running back Bernard Johnson, senior linebacker Trocon Keneah, senior receiver Darius Hayes-Carruth, senior defensive lineman Tim Ousley, and senior linebacker Quinton Gabbard.
- Muskingum enters the game at 2-5 overall and 1-5 in the Ohio Athletic Conference.
- Heidelberg enters the contest at 5-2 overall and 4-2 in the league.
- Muskingum leads the all-time series 56-34-6. The series started in 1914.
Inside the Muskingum Numbers
- Muskingum is averaging 364.4 yards and 21.7 points per game. Muskingum is allowing 345.7 yards and 28.9 points per game.
- Muskingum junior quarterback Brody Hahn has thrown for 972 yards and three touchdowns and has 411 yards rushing with six touchdowns.
- Muskingum freshman running back Jeffrey Curtis has rushed for 346 yards and three scores. He's averaging five yards per carry.
- Senior receiver Darius Hayes-Carruth leads the Muskie squad with 21 receptions for 360 yards and three scores. He currently ranks sixth all-time at Muskingum in career receiving yards with 1,286 yards.
- Sophomore wideout Patrick Eanes has hauled in 11 receptions for 163 yards and two scores.
- Sophomore kicker Gavin Costello is 7-of-8 in field goal attempts, with his only miss being a blocked attempt at Otterbein. His long field goal of the season is 41 yards.
- Senior defensive lineman Tim Ousley and junior linebacker Nehemiah Bowie lead the team in tackles with 52 each. Ousley is the Muskingum career sacks leader with 24.
- Senior linebacker Caleb Gaiters has racked up 46 stops, while junior defensive back Brian Brown and senior defensive lineman Yannis Dailey each have made 41.
Inside the Heidelberg Numbers
- Heidelberg is averaging 498.9 yards and 41.4 points per game. Heidelberg is allowing 362.6 yards and 21.6 points per game.
- Senior quarterback Jimmy Gephart has thrown for 1,685 yards and 21 touchdowns. He's also rushed for 118 yards and two scores.
- Freshman running back Tayy Yearby has rushed for 687 yards and nine touchdowns. He's averaging 114.5 yards per game.
- Junior running back Branden Short has tallied 391 yards and two touchdowns.
- The Heidelberg receiving core is led by junior Maceo Matthews, senior Keivon Blecher, and junior Dimitri Penick. Matthews has 28 receptions for 564 yards and eight scores, while Belcher has 28 grabs for 423 yards and eight touchdowns. Penick has registered 28 receptions for 397 yards and six scores.
- The defense is paced by senior linebacker Tyler Matuszak and sophomore linebacker Zachary Blackiston. Matuszak has logged 47 tackles, while Blackiston has recorded 43 stops, with three sacks.