Oct 13, 2018
The Muskingum football team was stung on a chilly Saturday afternoon by Baldwin Wallace, 44-7.
- Records: Muskingum (2-4 overall, 1-4 OAC), Baldwin Wallace (5-1 overall, 4-1 OAC)
- Location: Finnie Stadium - Berea, Ohio
- Attendance: 1,574
- Weather: 50 degrees and chilly
Inside The Numbers
- Baldwin Wallace ended the game with 397 yards of offense and 26 first downs.
- Muskingum churned out 198 yards of offense and 13 first downs.
- The Muskies held a slim 30:04-29:56 edge in time of possession.
- Muskingum ended the outing 1-of-11 (9%) on third-down conversions, while Baldwin Wallace went 6-of-13 (46%) on third-down conversions.
- Muskingum averaged 3.5 yards per play, and Baldwin Wallace averaged 6.2 yards per play.
How It Happened
- Baldwin Wallace scored two first quarter touchdowns to grab the early 14-0 lead en route to taking a 24-0 lead into the break.
- The Yellow Jackets added a pair of third-quarter scores to extend their advantage to 38-0 and added their final touchdown late in the fourth quarter.
- Muskingum's lone score came at the 6:46 mark of the fourth quarter on freshman quarterback Jordan Garrett's 34-yard touchdown pass to senior running back Warren Wilson.
- Garrett led the Muskingum offense throwing for 84 yards on 8-of-11 passing with one touchdown. He also added 42 yards rushing on 12 totes.
- Sophomore Brody Hahn passed for 46 yards on 6-of-11 passing with one interception.
- Wilson rushed for 30 yards on nine carries and had four receptions for 45 yards and one touchdown.
- Sophomore running back Cameron Near had three grabs for 38 yards.
- Sophomore defensive lineman Drew Lowery led the defense with eight stops.
- Sophomore defensive back Cortez McGinnis and senior linebacker Brandon Schon each added seven tackles.
Yellow Jacket Leaders
- Jake Hudson led the Baldwin Wallace offense going 15-of-21 for 228 yards and three touchdowns, with one interception.
- Rob Wolfington led the receivers with five receptions for 113 yards and one score.
- Jon Murray Jr. rushed for 64 yards on 16 totes with two touchdowns.
- Ty Fields led the Yellow Jacket defense with six stops and Josh Liberati had five tackles.
- Baldwin Wallace ended the game with six sacks and one interception.
- Muskingum next hosts Otterbein for Homecoming on Saturday, October 20. Game time is slated for 2:00 p.m. in McConagha Stadium. At halftime of the contest, Muskingum will recognize the 1978 men's golf OAC Championship team, the 1988 men's basketball OAC Championship team, and the 1998 softball OAC Championship team.