Posted: Apr 29, 2019
The Muskingum baseball team fell to 7th-ranked Denison on Monday night, 13-3.
- Records: Muskingum (11-23 overall), Denison (31-5 overall)
- Location: Granville, Ohio
- Muskingum scored three runs on eight hits.
- Freshman Chayce Lundell led the Muskies with two runs on two hits.
- Senior Marc Ibarra registered one hit and two RBIs.
- Sophomore Matt Stewart notched one hit and one RBI.
- Freshman pitcher Craig Nixon started the game and took the loss after allowing seven runs (four earned) on two hits in 0.1 innings of work.
- Will Krushena guided Denison at the plate with two runs on three hits and four RBIs.
- Jack Arnstein secured the win on the mound for Denison. He allowed two runs on five hits in 3.0 innings of work.
- Muskingum took an early lead in the top of the first inning when senior Marc Ibarra smashed a double to left field, driving in two runners.
- Denison answered in the bottom of the first by scoring seven runs on four hits.
- In the bottom of the fifth, Denison added three more runs to take a 10-2 lead.
- The Muskies retaliated in the top of the sixth when sophomore Matt Stewart hit an RBI single through the right side, making it 10-3.
- In the bottom of the seventh, Denison tallied three runs on three hits and left one runner on base.
- Denison continued to control play en route to its 31st win of the season.
- The Muskies next play at Marietta for a non-league game on Wednesday, May 1. The game is slated for a 7:00 p.m. start.