Dec 03, 2016
The Muskingum wrestling team placed four student-athletes at the Ohio Northern Invitational Saturday afternoon. The Muskies finished with 72.5 points.
- Muskingum placed 10th at the invitational.
- Heidelberg placed first overall.
On the Mat
- Sophomore Jordan Burkholder finished third overall posting a 4-1 record in the 125-pound weight bracket. The sophomore finished the day with two pins picking up a first-period fall in his final match.
- Sophomore Antonio Zapata continued to find success on the mat as he also finished third overall with a 4-1 record in the 197-pound weight bracket. Zapata used overtime in his final match to capture the 4-3 decision.
- In the 165-pound weight bracket, sophomore Tanner Walker posted a 4-2 record taking seventh place overall. Walker finished the day with one pin.
- Freshman Sammy Southers led the Muskies in the 133-pound weight bracket as he posted an eighth place finish going 2-3 on the day. The freshman collected one pin before falling in double overtime in his final match.
- The Muskies return to the mat Thursday, December 8 with a dual match at Waynesburg.