Feb 16, 2019
The Muskingum women's basketball team fell in a tough, gritty Senior Day battle against Ohio Northern on Saturday afternoon, 75-62. Prior to the start of the game, Muskingum recognized seniors Hannah Doore, Zijing Xu, and Morgan Gossett.
- Records: Muskingum (1-24 overall, 0-18 OAC), Ohio Northern (13-12 overall, 7-11 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – Anne C. Steele Center
- Junior Devyn Bonner propelled the Muskies with 15 points, shooting 6-of-8 (75.0%) from the field and 3–of-5 (60.0%) at the free throw line.
- Sophomore Alivia Bates added 13 points, while sophomore Sam Filiaggi tallied 11.
- Bates and Bonner both notched eight rebounds.
- Gossett ended her tenure with three points, two rebounds, one steal, and one assist.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 24-of-58 (41.4%) from the field, which included hitting 7-of-23 (30.4%) from behind the arc.
- The Muskies and Polar Bears both had three players who registered double-digit points.
- Emily Mescher led the Polar Bears with 15 points, while Abby Weeks produced 14.
- Ohio Northern ended the contest shooting 22-of-58 (37.9%) in the field and 23-of-25 (92.0%) from the free-throw line.
- In the first quarter, the Muskies registered back-to-back points to jump out to an early 7-2 lead. At the 7:57 marker, Mescher cashed in a pair of free throws to ignite a 14-7 run for the Polar Bears, giving them a two-point edge on the Muskies (16-14). With less than a minute remaining, Filiaggi drained a three-pointer to slow down Ohio Northern's momentum. The score was tied 21-21 going into the second quarter. The contest remained tight until Ohio Northern tallied 10-consecutive points to slide past the Muskies with a score of 34-25. Muskingum fought back with a 7-1 run to trim the deficit 35-32 at the break.
- In the third quarter, Alyssa Manley drained a long ball to maintain the lead 42-38 for the Polar Bears. At the 5:20 marker, freshman Raiyah Johnson buried a jumper to get the Muskies within one point of Ohio Northern (46-45). In the last five minutes of the quarter, the Polar Bears outscored the Muskies 6-3 giving them a six-point advantage (54-48). In the fourth quarter, Alyssa Manley converted a layup to expand the gap 59-50. The Muskies fought to trim the differential, but Ohio Northern registered a late 10-2 run to secure the 75-62 victory over the Muskies.