Dec 15, 2018
The Muskingum women's basketball team suffered a loss to Otterbein on Saturday, 79-65.
- Records: Muskingum (1-9 overall, 0-4 OAC), Otterbein (2-5 overall, 2-2 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio – Anne C. Steele Center
Inside the Numbers
- Freshman Erica Hyre carried the Muskies with 14 points, shooting 4-of-8 (50%) from the field and 3-of-4 (75%) at the free-throw line.
- Junior Devyn Bonner and freshman Olivia Lang grabbed 12 points each.
- Sophomore Sam Filiaggi recorded a team-high nine rebounds.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 19-of-56 (33.9%) from the field, which included hitting just 7-of-17 (41.2%) from behind-the-arc.
- Ali Cartnal fueled the Cardinals with 37 points, while Dani Kissel secured 21.
- Otterbein ended the contest shooting 25-of-67 (37.3%) in the field and 20-of-27 (74.1%) from the free throw line.
- In the first quarter, the Muskies jumped out to an early 7-0 lead. At the 2:27 marker, sophomore Kacie Leppla drained back-to-back free-throws to expand the gap 12-4. The Cardinals tallied a ferocious 13-1 run to slide past the Muskies with a score of 17-13 going into the second quarter. The Muskies chipped away at the deferential, but Otterbein was able to fend them off. The score read 27-22 at the half.
- In the third quarter, Filiaggi buried a three-pointer to slow down Otterbein's momentum. With 6:46 on the clock, Hyre notched two consecutive free-throws to trim the advantage 36-34. The Cardinals secured an 18-6 run to remain ahead with a score of 54-40 leading into the fourth quarter. At the 9:16 juncture, Kissel opened up scoring with a three-pointer to uphold the lead for the Cardinals, 57-40. The Muskies sliced away at the deficit but Otterbein could not be halted. The Cardinals notched a 14-8 run en route to the 79-65 victory over the Muskies.
- The Muskies next host Wittenberg on Tuesday, December 18. Start time is slated for 6:00 p.m.