Dec 01, 2018
The Muskingum University women's basketball team withered against the 24th-ranked win Wallace Yellow Jackets on Saturday afternoon, 82-44. This contest marked the start of conference play for the Muskies.
- Records: Muskingum (1-6 overall, 0-1 in OAC), Baldwin Wallace (6-0 overall, 1-0 in the OAC)
- Location: Berea, Ohio – Ursprung Gymnasium
Inside the Numbers
- Sophomore Sam Filiaggi led the team in scoring with 15 points, shooting 5-of-10 (50%) from the field and 2-of-2 (100%) at the free throw line.
- Sophomore Emily Yeager added nine points.
- Sophomore Camay Baylock grabbed a team-high six rebounds.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 17-of-54 (31.5%) from the field, which included hitting 4-of-11 (36.4%) from behind the arc.
- Mary Schentur directed the Yellow Jackets with 18 points.
- The Yellow Jackets had three players who secured double-digit points.
- Baldwin Wallace went 30-of-64 (46.9%) from the field and 12-of-17 (70.6%) at the free throw line.
- At the beginning of the first quarter, the Muskies and Yellow Jackets battled neck and neck until Baldwin Wallace registered seven unanswered points to take the lead 16-8. Muskingum tallied an 8-6 run to trim the deficit 22-16 going into the second quarter. At the 8:05 marker, Filiaggi secured a layup to lessen the gap 22-18. The Yellow Jackets went on a 19-10 run to advance past the Muskies with a score of 41-28 at the half.
- The Yellow Jackets took control of the outing in the third quarter with a 22-10 run en route to the 82-44 victory over the Muskies.
- The Muskies next travel to Bexley, Ohio on Thursday, December 6 to battle the Capital University Crusaders. Game time is slated for 7:00 p.m.