Nov 20, 2018
The Muskingum University women's basketball team stumbled at Kenyon on Tuesday night, 65-54.
- Records: Muskingum (0-4 overall), Kenyon (4-0 overall)
- Location: Gambier, Ohio – Tomsich Arena
Inside the Numbers
- The Muskies were led by junior Devyn Bonner who logged a team-high 13 points, shooting 5-of-16 (31.3%) from the field and 3-of-5 (60%) at the free throw line.
- Sophomore Sam Filiaggi secured a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Freshman Olivia Lang and sophomore Emily Yeager added seven points each.
- Muskingum ended the contest shooting 18-of-60 (30%) from the field, which included hitting just 3-of-14 (21.4%) from behind the arc.
- Ellie Schaub directed the Ladies with 19 points.
- The Kenyon Ladies had three players who recorded double digit points.
- Kenyon ended the contest shooting 24-of-69 (34.8%) in the field and 12-of-17 (70.6%) from the free throw line.
- In the first quarter, the Muskies recorded back-to-back points to put them ahead 8-0. A jump shot drained by Yeager expanded the gap to 21-12 for the Muskies. Early in the second quarter, the Ladies chipped away at the differential but Muskingum was able to fend them off. With less than five minutes remaining in the quarter, the Kenyon Ladies went on an 8-1 surge to take the lead 34-32 going into the half.
- In the third quarter, the Muskies registered four-points in a row to tie up play 36-36. With one second remaining in the quarter, Kenyon locked in a three-pointer to slide past Muskingum with a score of 41-38. In the fourth quarter, the contest remained tight until the Ladies secured an 8-4 run to take the lead with a score of 49-42. The Muskies continued to battle, but the Kenyon Ladies could not be halted. Kenyon locked in the final two points to claim the 65-54 victory over the Muskies.
- The Muskies next travel to Oberlin, Ohio on Saturday, November 24 to battle the Oberlin Yeowomen. Game time is slated for 1:00 p.m.