Posted: Apr 30, 2017
The Muskingum baseball team dropped an Ohio Athletic Conference doubleheader at Baldwin Wallace on Sunday afternoon. The Muskies dropped the opener 9-3 and fell in the nightcap, 1-0.
- Records: Muskingum (15-22 overall, 5-11 OAC), Baldwin Wallace (22-13 overall, 10-8 OAC)
- Location: Berea, Ohio - Fisher Field
- Muskingum was led by freshman Holden Martin going 2-for-4 with a RBI.
- Sophomore Ben Van Wey finished the game 3-for-4 with a run scored.
- Senior Brandon Bush took the loss on the mound pitching six complete innings allowing eight runs on nine hits.
- As a team, Muskingum scored three runs on eight hits.
- Baldwin Wallace was led by Kevin Hagen going 2-for-3 with a RBI and a run scored.
- Evan Lovick claimed the win on the mound throwing seven innings surrendering three runs on six hits.
- Baldwin Wallace claimed the early 2-0 advantage in the bottom of the first inning.
- The Muskies finally got a run back in the top of the fourth inning as Martin recorded a RBI single up the middle, 2-1.
- The Yellow Jackets responded adding two more runs in the bottom of the fourth inning and one in the fifth inning to extend their lead, 5-1.
- Muskingum continued to battle at the plate scoring two runs in the seventh inning following a Baldwin Wallace miscue, 5-3.
- Baldwin Wallace blew the game wide open in the bottom half of the seventh inning scoring three runs on one hit.
- The Yellow Jackets tacked on an insurance run in the eighth inning to secure the win.
- The Muskies were led by senior Joe Shumar going 1-for-1 at the dish.
- Sophomore Evan Hinds took the loss on the mound pitching six complete innings allowing one run on six hits.
- Baldwin Wallace was led by Phillip Wells going 1-for-1 with a RBI.
- Logan Heffernan captured the win pitching a complete game shutout.
- The Yellow Jackets bright spot came in the bottom of the sixth inning following a RBI single to center field.
- The Muskies return to action Friday, May 5 as they host Otterbein in their season finale. Game time is set for 1:00 p.m.