Mar 25, 2017
The Muskingum baseball team split an Ohio Athletic Conference doubleheader at Wilmington on Saturday. The Quakers claimed the opener 5-3, while the Muskies won the night cap, 11-7.
- Location: Wilmington, Ohio - Tewskbury-Delaney Field
- Records: Muskingum (7-8 overall, 1-1 OAC), Wilmington (5-13 overall, 1-1 OAC)
- Muskingum plated the games first run in the top of the first inning following an RBI by sophomore Michael Pagano.
- The Muskies added three more runs in the top of the second to claim the 4-2 advantage off RBI's by seniors Austin DeVore and A.J. Kazmierczak.
- Muskingum tacked on two more runs in the top of the fifth, three in the seventh and two in the ninth to claim the win.
- DeVore led the way for Muskingum going 5-for-6 with three RBI's.
- The Muskies scored 11 runs on 15 hits.
- Senior Brandon Bush recorded the win, pitching seven complete innings surrendering seven runs on 16 hits.
- Sophomore Patrick McGinty claimed the save, throwing two innings of relief.
- The Quakers were led by Jake Hyatt going 3-for-5 at the dish with two RBI's.
- Bryant McCarty tossed the loss for Wilmington allowing two runs on three hits.
- In game one, Wilmington scored five runs on seven hits.
- Trailing 2-1, Muskingum plated the game tying run in the top of the sixth as sophomore Ben Van Wey scored on senior Joe Shumar's at bat.
- The Quakers responded scoring three runs in the bottom of the eighth to capture the win.
- Muskingum was led in the game by Van Wey going 1-for-3 at the dish.
- The Muskies plated three runs on three hits.
- Matt Oney took the win, throwing seven complete innings striking out two.
- Sophomore Evan Hinds recorded the loss, pitching seven innings allowing two runs on five hits.
- Muskingum returns to action Tuesday, March 28 as they host Kenyon. First pitch is scheduled for 4:00 p.m.