Oct 06, 2017
The Muskingum women's cross country team will travel to Wilmington, Ohio on Friday, October 13th for the JennaStrong Invitational. The race is set to start at 4:00 p.m.
This Season's Race Results:
- The team captured first place at the Muskingum Invitational.
- Placed 5th out of 16 teams at the Bethany Invitational.
- Finished 4th out of 9 teams at the Heidelberg Invitational.
- Claimed 9th place out of 17 Division III teams at the All-Ohio Championships in Cedarville, Ohio.
- Freshman Rachel Timberlake has had quite the showing in her first year as a Muskie runner. She has captured four top 10 finishes in her first four races. Placing first in the 25-runner field at the Muskingum Invitational (15:47.21 time), third in the 142-runner field at Bethany Invitational (23:34 time), fifth in the 148-runner field at the All-Ohio Championships (22:51.2 time), and eighth in the 91-runner field at the Heidelberg Tiffleberg Open (23:34.1 time).
- Freshman Macy McAdams continues to impress as well this season. She finished second at the Muskingum Invitational (16:15.27 time), fifth in the 91-runner field at the Heidelberg Tiffleberg Open (23:10.6 time), and 11th in the 148-runner field at the All-Ohio Championships (23:08.8 time).
- Junior Keely Adams has produced top finishes for the team as well this season. She placed third at the Muskingum Invitational (17:10.32 time), 24th at the Bethany Invitational (25:23 time), 37th at the Heidelberg Tiffleberg Open (25:30.4), and 68th at the All-Ohio Championships (24:53.1).
- Sophomore Lauren Hunt has notched a fourth place finish at the Muskingum Invitational (17:13.95 time), a 32nd finish at Heidelberg Tiffleberg Open (25:15.3 time), a 36th place finish at Bethany Invitational (26:03 time), and 85th place finish at All-Ohio Championships.
- Junior Reilly Walsh grabbed sixth place at the Muskingum Invitational (17:51.40 time), took 39th at the Bethany Invitational (26:13 time), and placed 80th at the All-Ohio Championships (25:06.3 time).
- Last year at the JennaStrong Invitational, the women's team claimed a 15th place finish of the 38 team field. Senior Julie Fobes led MU with a 21st place finish in the 366-runner field, with an end time of 18:52.0, while Freshman Lauren Hunt finished 82nd with a 20:06.0 time.