Oct 09, 2018
The Muskingum volleyball team defeated the Mount Union on Tuesday night, 3-0 (25-23, 25-19, 25-21).
- Records: Muskingum (19-3 overall, 3-1 in the OAC), Mount Union (19-3 overall, 2-2 in the OAC)
- Location: Alliance, Ohio - The McPherson Academic and Athletic Complex
- This is the first time in three years the Muskies have beat Mount Union.
- The Muskies have swept 13 teams in their 2018-19 campaign.
How It Happened
- The Muskies captured set one (25-23), two (25-19), and three (25-21).
- As a team, the Muskies recorded 41 kills, 34 assists, and 68 digs.
- Sophomore Brooke Fatheree led the Muskies with 17 kills, 11 digs, 18 points, and a .304 hitting percentage.
- Sophomore Brynn Guist added 10 kills, while freshman Carson Miller registered 8.
- The Muskie attack was controlled by sophomore Erin Dickson who logged 33 assists.
- The backline was anchored by sophomore Jessica Cottle who had 19 digs and senior Jordan Youngs who had 18.
Inside The Sets
- In set one, the Muskies and Raiders fought neck and neck with neither team taking more than a two-point lead early on. Muskingum notched a 12-4 run to put them ahead 18-10. Mount Union answered back with six points in a row in an attempt to tie up the contest, but the Muskies could not be halted. Muskingum registered the final point to lock in the 25-23 win.
- The battle continued into set two until the Muskies took a 15-12 lead. Mount Union registered back to back points to tie up the contest 17-17. Muskingum fought back with intensity, securing an 8-2 run to take the set.
- In the third set, the Muskies slid past the Raiders with a score of 16-13. The Raiders fought to trim the deficit, but Muskingum recorded the final two points to capture the 25-21 victory.
- The Muskies next host Baldwin Wallace on Saturday, October 13 at 1:00 p.m.