Oct 02, 2018
The Muskingum volleyball team is 18-2 overall and 2-0 in the Ohio Athletic Conference after defeating Wilmington on Tuesday night, 3-0 (25-14, 25-19, 25-11).
- Records: Muskingum (18-2 overall, 2-0 in the OAC), Wilmington (5-17 overall, 0-1 in the OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Anne C. Steele Center
- The victory marked Muskingum's 11th consecutive win.
- Muskingum has only surrendered 13 sets.
- The Muskies are off to their best start since the 1999 campaign where they advanced to both the OAC and NCAA Tournaments.
How It Happened
- The Muskies dominated in set one (25-14), fought for set two (25-19), and controlled set three (25-11).
- The Muskies were led by sophomore Brooke Fatheree who registered 11 kills, 17 digs, 12 points, and a hitting percentage of .500.
- Sophomore Brynn Guist added 10 kills on 25 attempts, with a hitting percentage of .400.
- Sophomore Erin Dickson logged a team-high 34 assists.
- The backline was anchored by sophomore Jessica Cottle who had 18 digs.
- As a team, the Muskies secured 53 kills, 48 assists, and 60 digs.
Inside The Sets
- In set one, the Muskies and Quakers fought neck and neck until Muskingum registered eight-points in a row to put them ahead 15-7. The Quakers chipped away at the differntial but were unable to close the gap. A 10-7 run secured the victory for the Muskies.
- The Muskies took control of the second set early on with a score of 10-4. A 9-7 run expanded the gap to 19-11. The Quakers were able to trim their deficit some but the Muskies recorded the final point to take the set.
- In set three, Muskingum started off strong and slid past the Quakers with a score of 11-5. The Muskies continued to dominate recording back-to-back points to put them ahead 17-8. An 8-2 run locked in the win for the Muskies.
- The Muskies next host Ohio Northern on Saturday, October 6 at 1:00 p.m.