Sep 19, 2018
The Muskingum volleyball team energized the Steele Center tonight in their home opener against Pitt-Greensburg. The Muskies claimed a straight-set victory of 3-0 (25-14, 25-10, 25-14) over the Bobcats.
- Records: Muskingum (10-2 overall), Pitt.-Greensburg (0-12 overall)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - Anne C. Steele Center
- The game marked the home opener for the Muskies.
- This signified Muskingum's seventh straight-set victory of the 2018-19 season.
- Muskingum has only surrendered eight sets.
How It Happened
- The Muskies controlled set one (25-14), two (25-10), and three (25-14).
- The Muskies were led by sophomore Brooke Fatheree who had a team-high 10 kills.
- Sophomore Brynn Guist logged 9 kills on 15 attempts, with a hitting percentage of .467.
- Junior Jada Briggs registered 7 kills on 9 attempts, with a hitting percentage of .667.
- Sophomore Erin Dickson led the squad with 31 assists.
- Sophomore Jessica Cottle secured the backline with a team-best 13 digs.
- Sophomore Maddie Sikorski added 12 digs.
- As a team, Muskingum registered 41 kills, 39 assists, and 51 digs.
Inside The Sets
- In the first set, the Muskies came out hot and were able to take an early lead of 15-9. The gap continued to expand and the Muskies tallied a 10-5 run, claiming the 25-14 victory over the Bobcats.
- The Muskies started the second set strong, taking the lead with a score of 11-2. The Bobcats chipped away at the differential but were unable to close the gap. The Muskies secured the set with a final score of 25-10.
- In the third and final set, Muskingum was able to start off strong and take the lead with a score of 12-7. The Muskies registered an eight-point attack expanding their lead to 20-7. Muskingum continued to fight and secured the final point to take the set.
- Muskingum plays Bluffton on Friday, September 21 at the Carnegie Mellon Invitational. Start time is slated for 4:00 p.m.