The Muskingum volleyball team will look to bounce back this week as they travel to Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) opponent Wilmington on Tuesday for a 7:00 match and hosts a tri-match in the Anne C. Steele Center on Senior Day this Saturday against OAC opponent John Carroll and non-conference opponent Denison. The matches on Saturday for MU are set to start at 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m., respectively.
Match 1: Muskingum at Wilmington – 7:00 p.m. (Live Stats at wilmingtonquakers.com)
Match 2: Muskingum vs John Carroll – 12:00 p.m. (Live Stats: not available at this time)
Match 3: Muskingum vs Denison – 4:00 p.m. (Live Stats: not available at this time)
Records: Muskingum 17-5 overall, 4-3 OAC, Wilmington 4-19 overall, 0-7 OAC, John Carroll 6-22 overall, 2-5 OAC, Denison 12-12 overall, 4-3 NCAC (North Coast Athletic Conference)
- The Muskies faced the NCAA Division III #21 Ohio Northern in Ada, Ohio on Saturday afternoon and fell in straight sets, 3-0 (25-17, 25-7, 25-21). Chloe Brandewie finished a game-best in kills (10), hitting percentage (.368), and total blocks (five). Brooke Fatheree led the backline with 12 digs and added three total blocks.
- Muskingum is in fourth place in the OAC and are two games back from the top of the leader board. Otterbein, Ohio Northern, and Mount Union are tied for first place in the OAC with 6-1 records. The top four teams at the end of the regular season will host an OAC Tournament game.
- Fatheree ranks first on the team in kills (228) and kills-per-set (3.53), while she ranks 10th and fourth, respectively, in the OAC. She has also logged in 245 digs.
- Outside hitter Courtney Nestoff is 11th in the conference with 323 digs and seventh in digs-per-set (4.42), while she is first on the team in both categories.
- Brandewie has the seventh best hitting percentage in the conference at .299.
- Setter Erin Dickson is averaging 9.24 assists-per-set and has gathered 677 total assists, placing her sixth in both categories in the conference and first on the team.
- Taylour Fatheree is seventh in the conference in total blocks (65), while Brandewie is tied for eighth (61).
- As a team, the Fighting Muskies are third in digs-per-set (18.15), fourth in kills-per-set (12.88), fifth in service aces-per-set (1.66) and hitting percentage (.209) in the OAC.
- Muskingum's all-time series record against Wilmington is 23-0, John Carroll is 34-14, Denison is 5-3.
- This year's senior class includes: Taylour Fatheree, Laura Hill, Mackenzie O'Shea, Chloe Brandewie, Rose LeVally, Shelbie Wiseman, and Courtney Nestoff.
- On Saturday, Wilmington lost in straight sets, 3-0 (25-8, 25-17, 25-21) at Mount Union.
- The Quakers are 4-19 overall and 0-7 in the OAC.
- Outside hitter Ariel Goforth leads the team in kills with 161 and kills-per-set averaging 2.56.
- Setter Lauryn Griewahn is first on her team, seventh in the conference in assists-per-set and ninth in assists (6.35, 330 total assists).
- Outside hitter Karley Schlensker ranks first on the squad in digs (145).
- Middle blocker Meghan Koch leads the squad in total blocks with 37.
- John Carroll is coming off a 3-0 home win (25-17, 25-21, 25-17) against Capital on Saturday.
- The Blue Streaks are 6-22 overall and 2-5 in the OAC.
- Outside hitter Sarah Calabrese leads the team in kills (273) and kills-per-set (3.17) and is seventh and ninth in the OAC.
- Setter Shannon Atwell ranks first on the team in assists with 601 and assists-per-set with 6.26. She ranks eighth in assists-per-set and ninth in assists in the conference.
- Defensive specialist Caitlin Cianciolo has tallied 464 digs and averages 5.10 digs-per-set to lead the team and is third and fourth best, respectively, in the OAC.
- Middle hitter Thommie Jackson has a team-best 68 total blocks and ranks sixth in the conference.
- Denison lost in five sets (25-21, 25-16, 26-24, 25-18, 15-7) against DeSales on Saturday.
- The Big Red are 12-12 overall and 4-3 in the NCAC.
- Outside hitter Emma Woerner has a team-best 262 kills and 2.82 kills-per-set which ranks fourth and 11th in the NCAC.
- Defensive specialist Kristin Thewes leads the Big Red backline and the conference with 539 digs and digs-per-set 5.80. In NCAA Division III, she ranks 16th in total digs.
- Setter Julia Miller ranks first on the team in assists (636) and assists-per-set (6.84) while she is tied for sixth and eighth in the NCAC.
- Middle hitter's Leah Reinfranck and Alex Tubbs are third and fifth in the conference in total blocks.
- As a team, the Big Red rank first in digs (1,644), second in kills (1,121) and assists (1,049), fourth in digs-per-set (17.68), fifth in kills-per-set (12.05).