Oct 21, 2017
The Muskingum volleyball team faced the NCAA Division III #21 Ohio Northern in Ada, Ohio on Saturday afternoon and fell in straight sets, 3-0 (25-17, 25-7, 25-21).
- Muskingum now stands at 17-5 overall and 4-3 in the OAC.
- Ohio Northern is 23-4 overall, 6-1 in the OAC.
- The Muskies will play their final regular season road match at Wilmington on Tuesday, October 24. The match is slated for 7:00 p.m.
- With the loss, Muskingum is now in fourth place in the OAC and are two games back from the top of the leader board. Otterbein, Ohio Northern, and Mount Union are tied for first place in the OAC with 6-1 records. The top four teams at the end of the regular season will host an OAC Tournament game.
- Ohio Northern has been nationally ranked the entire season.
- The Polar Bears are on a seven match-winning streak.
How It Happened
- Muskingum slipped in set one (25-17), suffered offensively in set two (25-7), and made a great effort, but fell in set three (25-21).
- Chloe Brandewie finished a game-best in kills (10), hitting percentage (.368), and total blocks (five).
- Brooke Fatheree led the backline with 12 digs and added three total blocks.
- Courtney Nestoff contributed 11 digs.
- Jordan Youngs chipped in 10 digs.
- Erin Dickson tossed 21 assists and added nine digs.
- Taylour Fatheree notched seven kills and three total blocks.
Inside The Sets
- After being down nine points early in set one, the Muskie fought back to get within three, 12-15, halfway through the set, but the hosts took control and finished out with the 25-17 win.
- Muskingum tied Ohio Northern 4-4, but the Polar Bears froze the Muskies as they struggled to get anything rolling offensively, giving Ohio Northern set two, 25-7.
- MU challenged Ohio Northern in the third, pulling ahead 18-15. The Polar Bears, however, used a 10-3 run to close the gap and come-from-behind to win the match in straight sets, 25-21.