After a slow first set, the Muskingum volleyball team came back to defeat Ohio Athletic Conference opponent Capital in four sets to clinch their fourth win in a row on Tuesday night in front of the energetic home crowd, 3-1 (22-25, 25-17, 25-15, 25-13).
- Muskingum now stands at 16-3 overall, 3-1 OAC.
- Capital is 9-15 overall, 1-3 OAC.
- The Muskies will travel to battle Baldwin Wallace on Saturday, October 14. The match will start at 1:00 p.m.
- Muskingum has now won four matches in a row.
- The Muskies have defeated Capital the last four seasons.
- MU out-hit Capital .252 to .103.
How It Happened
- The Muskies lost set one (22-25), bounced back in set two (25-17), controlled set three (25-15), and secured the win in set four (25-13).
- Courtney Nestoff led the backline with 13 digs.
- Madison Sikorski, Brooke Fatheree, and Jordan Youngs contributed 10 digs each.
- Chloe Brandewie smacked down five blocks, produced three service aces, and added eight kills.
- B. Fatheree lead the squad with a game-best 13 kills, 10 digs, and averaged 16.5 points-per-set.
- Taylour Fatheree chipped in nine kills and averaged 11.0 points-per-set.
- Erin Dickson distributed 35 assists and tallied five digs.
- Miranda Plumly tossed in seven kills and three digs.
Inside The Sets
- In the first set, Muskingum and Capital were tied 4-4, but then the visitors went on to notch five straight points and kept the momentum until the end of the set, winning 25-22.
- The Muskies started the second set strong, outscoring the Crusaders 11-3 and kept producing the points from there. MU wrapped up the set by scoring the final five points to take set two, 25-17.
- Muskingum led 22-12 in the third set, but Capital scored three straight points that forced the Muskies to call a timeout. After the timeout, MU registered the final three points to win set three, 25-15.
- The Muskies elevated and executed play in the fourth set, holding the Crusaders to a -.095 hitting percentage to secure the victory, 25-13.