The Muskingum volleyball team will look to continue its winning streak this week as they welcome Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) opponent Capital on Tuesday and play at Baldwin Wallace on Saturday. The matches are set to start at 7:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m., respectively.
Match 1: Muskingum vs Capital – 7:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Video/Audio: fightingmuskies.com)
Records: Muskingum 15-3 overall, 2-1 OAC, Capital 9-14 overall, 1-2 OAC, Baldwin Wallace 24-1 overall, 2-1 OAC
- The Muskies defeated non-conference Pitt.-Greenburg in straight sets (25-13, 25-10, 25-13) in Greensburg, Pennsylvania on Saturday. Brooke Fatheree led the defensive effort with 11 digs, five kills, and two service aces. Miranda Plumly contributed eight kills, tallied four blocks and averaged 10 points-per set.
- Fatheree is first on the team in total kills (215) and kills-per-set (3.58), while she ranks 10th and fourth, respectively, in the OAC. In Division III, she is 23rd overall in attacks-per-set (11.53).
- Outside hitter Courtney Nestoff is 11th in the conference with 267 digs and sixth in digs-per-set (4.45), while she is first on the team in both categories.
- Chloe Brandewie has the seventh best hitting percentage in the conference at .324.
- Setter Erin Dickson is averaging 9.18 assists-per-set and has gathered 551 total assists, placing her sixth in both categories in the conference and first on the team.
- Taylour Fatheree is sixth in the conference in total blocks (54).
- As a team, the Fighting Muskies are third in digs-per-set (18.07) and fourth in hitting percentage (.219) and kills-per set (12.85) in the OAC.
- Muskingum is 37-26 in their all-time series against Capital and 24-33 against Baldwin Wallace.
- The Muskies have beaten Capital the last three seasons, while MU hasn't defeated Baldwin Wallace since 2008.
- On Saturday, Capital was defeated 3-2 (25-23, 21-25, 11-25, 25-22, 15-13) at home in non-conference action against Chatham. This marked the second loss in a row for the Crusaders.
- Outside hitter Kasey Parkhurst leads the team in kills with 249 and kills-per-set averaging 3.07, while she is sixth in the OAC in kills and ninth in kills-per-set.
- Setter Morgan Tripp is first on her team, ninth in the conference in assists-per-set (5.35, 449 total assists). She also leads the squad with 28 service aces.
- Defensive specialist Jaelin Rios ranks first on her squad in digs (266) and digs-per-set (3.97). She is 12th in the conference in digs and 10th in digs-per-set.
- Middle hitter Jessica Gavlak is first on the team and tied for seventh in the conference in total blocks with 53.
- The team ranks fourth in kills (951 total) and total assists (889) in the conference.
- The Yellow Jackets are coming off a 3-0 road win (25-9, 25-14, 27-25) at Wilmington.
- Baldwin Wallace is 24-1 overall and 2-1 in the OAC. BW won its first 23 matches of the season before falling in three sets at Mount Union last week.
- In the latest NCAA DIII rankings, Baldwin Wallace notched 10 receiving votes.
- Junior outside hitter Alicia Lortcher leads the team in kills (284) and kills-per-set (4.00) and is second and first in the OAC. She ranks 16th in the NCAA DIII in kills and 18th in kills-per-set.
- Freshman Kathleen Egan ranks first on the team in assists with a whopping 738, assist-per-set with 9.97, and service aces with 29. She ranks third in the conference in assist-per-set and eighth in NCAA DIII in total assists.
- Freshman Sarah Reinhard has tallied 335 digs and averages 4.41 digs-per-set to lead the team and is sixth and eighth best, respectively, in the OAC.
- In the OAC, the team ranks first in hitting percentage (.279) and service aces (192), second in digs (1411), third in kills (1053), assists (948), and total blocks (145), and fourth in assists-per-set (11.56).
- The team ranks third in NCAA DIII in hitting percentage, eighth in assists and kills, and 17th in digs.