Oct 07, 2017
The winning continues for the Muskingum volleyball team as they took down non-conference opponent Pitt.-Greensburg in Greensburg, Pennsylvania on Saturday afternoon, 3-0 (25-13, 25-10, 25-13).
- Muskingum now stands at 15-3 overall.
- Pitt.-Greensburg is 3-17 overall.
- The Muskies will return home to host Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) opponent Capital on Tuesday, October 10. The match is set to start at 7:00 p.m.
- The Muskies have recorded 12 straight set victories this season.
- Muskingum has now won three straight matches in a row.
- Muskingum is now 9-0 in their all-time series against Pitt.-Greensburg.
- The team finished with a .347 hitting percentage, which is a new season-high.
- As a team, only four errors occurred, the lowest in a match this season.
How It Happened
- The Muskies captured set one (25-13), dominated set two (25-10), and conquered set three (25-13).
- Brooke Fatheree led the defensive effort with 11 digs, five kills, and two service aces.
- Miranda Plumly contributed eight kills, tallied four blocks and averaged 10 points-per set.
- Jessica Cottle chipped in eight digs.
- Shelbie Wiseman, Erin Dickson, and Courtney Nestoff added five digs each.
- Madison Sikorski, Brynn Guist, and Wiseman each created two service aces.
- Dickson distributed 18 assists and added five digs.