The Muskingum volleyball team will look to continue staying in the win column this week as they visit rival and OAC opponent Marietta on Tuesday and play at non-conference Pitt.-Greenburg on Saturday. The matches are set to start at 7:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m., respectively.
Match 1: Muskingum at Marietta – 7:00 p.m. (Live Stats/Video: pioneers.marietta.edu)
Match 2: Muskingum at Pitt.-Greensburg – 1:00 p.m. (Live Video: http://pittgreensburgathletics.com/sports/2013/12/6/UPG_1206135301.aspx?&tab=3)
Records: Muskingum 13-3 overall, 1-1 OAC, Marietta 8-11 overall, 0-1 OAC, Pitt.-Greensburg 3-15 overall, 1-2 Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC)
- The Muskies clinched their first OAC win of the season on Saturday as they downed Heidelberg 3-1 (25-17, 27-25, 18-25, 25-16) in Tiffin, Ohio. Taylour Fatheree and Chloe Brandewie led the net attack with 14 kills each, while Jordan Youngs led the defensive effort with 21 digs.
- Brooke Fatheree is first on the team in total kills (201) and kills-per-set (3.72), while she ranks ninth and third, respectively, in the OAC. In Division III, she is 22nd overall in attacks-per-set (11.64).
- Outside hitter Courtney Nestoff is 11th in the conference with 249 digs and sixth in digs-per-set (4.61), while she is first on the team in both categories.
- Brandewie has the eighth best hitting percentage in the conference at .314.
- Setter Erin Dickson is averaging 9.22 assists-per-set, placing her first on the team and sixth in the conference.
- T. Fatheree is sixth in the conference in total blocks (48).
- As a team, the Fighting Muskies are third in digs-per-set (18.33) and fifth in hitting percentage (.208) in the OAC.
- Muskingum is 39-13 in their all-time series against Marietta and 8-0 against Pitt.-Greenburg.
- On Saturday, Marietta was defeated 3-0 (14-25, 23-25, 25-27) at home against OAC foe Baldwin Wallace. This marked the third loss in a row for the Pioneers.
- Outside hitter Darcy Irish leads her team in kills with 164 and kills-per-set averaging 2.41, while she is 15th in the OAC in kills and 18th in kills-per-set.
- Setter Ellie Gerber is first on her team, 10th in the conference in assists-per-set (4.55, 191 total assists).
- Defensive specialist Emily Peters ranks first on her squad in digs (320), digs-per-set (5.54), and service aces (17 total). In the NCAA DIII, she is 27th in digs, while she is fourth in the conference in digs and second in digs-per-set.
- Middle Blocker Sam Ritenour is first on the team and 10th in the conference in total blocks with 44.
- The team ranks fourth in digs (1,223 total) and digs-per-set (17.99) in the conference.
- The Bobcats are coming off a 3-0 road loss (15-25, 18-25, 22-25) to Allegheny College. This marked the ninth straight set defeat.
- Junior outside hitter Autumn Karlheim leads her team in kills (140) and kills-per-set (2.26) and is 15th and 10th in the AMCC.
- Sophomore Emma Dongilli ranks first on the team in assists (432) and assist-per-set (6.97).
- Defensive specialist Erica Bosh has tallied 313 digs and averages 5.05 digs-per-set to lead her team and is fifth and third best, respectively, in the AMCC.
- In the AMCC, the team ranks fifth in service aces (102).