The Muskingum volleyball team picked up its first Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) win of the season Saturday afternoon as they downed Heidelberg 3-1 (25-17, 27-25, 18-25, 25-16) in Tiffin, Ohio.
- Muskingum now stands at 13-3 overall, 1-1 in OAC.
- Heidelberg is 9-9 overall, 0-1 in OAC.
- The Muskies next travel to OAC opponent Marietta on Tuesday, October 3. The match is set to start at 7:00 p.m.
- The win marked Muskingum's first victory against Heidelberg since 2006. The Muskies are now 33-24 all-time against the Berg.
- Muskingum is 3-2 when going into four-sets.
- Offensively, the team notched a season-best 55 assists and tied a season-best 60 kills.
- The team dominated defensively, as they recorded a season-best 96 digs.
How It Happened
- The Muskies won the first set by eight points (25-17), battled hard to win set two (27-25), lost set three (18-25), and conquered set four (25-16).
- Taylour Fatheree and Chloe Brandewie led the net attack with 14 kills each. Brandewie registered a season-best .519 hitting percentage.
- Brooke Fatheree tallied 12 kills and 18 digs.
- Kayla Hall added nine kills and five digs.
- Erin Dickson direceted the attack with a career-high 51 assists. She also added nine digs.
- Jordan Youngs led the defensive effort with 21 digs, while Courtney Nestoff notched 16.
- Madison Sikorski chipped in 12 digs.
- Chloe Brandewie produced two service aces.
Inside The Sets
- Muskingum opened the first set with an early 7-3 spurt. The Muskies held the four-point advantage throughout the remainder of play and captured the first set with a 6-2 run.
- In the second set, Muskingum overcame a 10-7 gap with an 8-5 surge to tie the set. The set remained neck-and-neck until Muskingum tallied back-to-back points to break a 24-24 tie.
- Heidelberg fought back from an early 4-1 deficit in the third set by using a 12-5 run to grab the momentum en route to the 25-18 win.
- Muskingum jumped out to a 13-5 lead in the fourth set to take control en route to securing the four-set victory.