Oct 20, 2018
The Muskingum women's soccer team pushed Otterbein on Senior Day before slipping in the second half, 5-2.
- Records: Muskingum (5-12, 0-8 OAC), Otterbein (14-2, 8-0 OAC)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio - North Athletic Turf Field
- Attendance: 150
- Game Duration: 1:51
- Muskingum recognized seniors Emily Wiley, Heather Maxwell and Rachael Waite prior to the start of the game.
- The game was part of Muskingum's Homecoming weekend.
- The Muskies are only the second team this year to score two goals on the Cardinals who are currenty in first place in the OAC. It also marked only the third time Otterbein has trailed at the half.
How It Happened
- The Cardinals opened the scoring quickly with a goal by Haleigh Guerra in the fourth minute.
- Muskingum was quick to answer when freshman Lindsay Dunlap scored off a pass from sophomore Alyssa Schneider in the eighth minute.
- Dunlap notched her second goal in the 14th minute to give the Muskies a 2-1 lead for the remainder of the half.
- Otterbein's Bella Shivley managed a goal in the first minute of the second half to tie the game.
- This momentum caused the Cardinals to score three more unanswered goals, making it 5-2.
- Sophomore Katie Bodenmiller played 89 minutes between the pipes and made 18 saves while allowing five goals.
- Erin Gordon received the win in frame for Otterbein.
- Shivley led the Cardinal's attack, logging nine shots, one goal, and one assist.
- Muskingum next travels to Marietta on Wednesday, October 24. Game time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.