Oct 06, 2018
The Muskingum women's soccer team fell to Ohio Northern on Saturday afternoon 11-0.
- Records: Muskingum (5-6 overall), Ohio Northern (9-2)
- Location: Ada, Ohio
- Attendance: 200
- Game Duration: 1:55
How It Happened
- The Polar Bears scored in the first minute of the game, thanks to a goal by McKenna Welsh.
- Jenna Fuller added to their lead in the fourth minute, and Welsh notched another goal four minutes later.
- Sarah Puntel managed to score in the 16th minute and then scored one minute later.
- Emma Barney and Kelleigh Pier finished off the scoring for Ohio Northern in the first half to make it 7-0.
- The Polar Bears came out firing in the second half. Barney secured her second goal in the 58th minute, and Cat Schaefer scored in the 69th minute.
- Mikhayla Carter notched a goal in the 76th minute and was followed one minute later by Audrey Spirk to give Ohio Nothern an 11-0 advantage.
- Freshman keeper Madee Shipley played 66 minutes between the pipes and made four saves while allowing six goals.
- Meagan Grierson received the win in frame for the Polar Bears.
- Puntel led Ohio Northern's attack, logging five shots and two goals.
- Muskingum next hosts Mount Union on Wednesday, October 10. Game time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.