Sep 12, 2018
The Muskingum women's soccer team defended the home turf against Waynesburg on Wednesday evening en route to a 2-0 shutout win.
- Records: Muskingum (2-3), Waynesburg (4-1)
- Location: New Concord, Ohio
- Attendance: 187
- Game Duration: 1:45
- The Muskies handed the Yellow Jackets their first loss of the season.
- The shutout was the first of the season for Muskingum.
How It Happened
- Muskingum freshman Natalie Woodward scored the first goal of the game in the 45th minute. The strike came off an assist from freshman Lindsay Dunlap.
- The Muskies entered the break with a 1-0 lead. Muskingum outshot the Yellow Jackets in the opening frame, 14-9.
- Woodward added her second tally in the 62nd minute to complete the scoring. The score was assisted by freshman Katya Vernon. Woodward ended the game with a team-high seven shots.
- Muskingum ended the outing with a 23-18 edge in shots.
- Sophomore Mary Double logged four shots, and senior Emily Wiley had three strikes, including one that hit the cross bar.
- Freshman Britney Golden and Dunlap each registered two shots.
- Sophomore keeper Katie Bodenmiller played all 90 minutes in frame and made six saves to record the shutout.
- Jill Moyer led Waynesburg with five shots, and Natalie Fortna added three.
- Courtney Syfert played the entire game in goal and made 11 saves and allowed two goals.
- Muskingum hosts Pitt-Greensburg for Parents' Day on Saturday, September 15. Game time is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. at the North Athletic Turf Field.