Sep 07, 2018
The Muskingum women's soccer team dominated every statistical category against Johnson, however, the Royals stunned the Muskies with a 3-2 win on Friday evening.
- Records: Muskingum (1-2), Johnson (2-1)
- Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
- Attendance: 100
- Game Length: 2:00
How It Happened
- The Muskies overwhelmed the Royals with an offensive onslaught that ended with Muskingum holding a 44-5 advantage in shots and 9-3 edge in corner kicks.
- Despite outshooting Johnson 18-5 in the first half, Muskingum entered the break trailing 3-0.
- The Royals connected on a pair of corner kicks and a 1v1 to goal to take an improbable lead into half.
- The Muskies hit the post twice and were denied by Johnson's Jailie Bullock who made several impressive saves.
- The second half saw the Muskies play the vast majority of the contest in their attacking third.
- Sophomore Mary Double scored Muskingum's first goal in the 51st minute.
- Double added her second tally in the 63rd minute off an assist from freshman Natalie Woodward
- Muskingum's relentless attack continued through the final final 27 minutes of play. The Muskies hit the post twice and narrowly missed on several corner kicks.
- Double ended the outing with a game-high 13 shots, while freshman Britany Golden added six, and Woodward and freshman Katya Vernon each launched five.
- Senior Heather Maxwell played the opening 45 minutes in frame and allowed three goals on five shots. Freshman Madee Shipley played the final 45 minutes in goal and did not face a shot.
- Abby Barron scored twice for the Royals and Emily Allen added one score.
- Bullock logged a 15-save performance and allowed two goals.
- Muskingum next plays at Maryville on Sunday, September 9. Game time is slated for 11:00 a.m.