Sep 04, 2018
The Muskingum women's soccer team erupted for four second-half goals to beat La Roche on a hot and humid Wednesday afternoon, 4-1.
- Records: Muskingum (1-1), La Roche (1-1)
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Attendance: 200
- Game Length: 2:00
- The game was scoreless until the 62nd minute when sophomore Mary Double scored a goal on a pass from freshman Lindsay Dunlap. The goal marked the first of the season for Double, who ended the game with a team-high six shots. The assist was the first of Dunlap's young career.
- Freshman Natalie Woodward gave the Muskies a 2-0 edge in the 72nd minute on her first career goal on an assist from sophomore Ali Gilt. Woodward ended the outing with five shots, while the assist marked the first of Gilt's career.
- Freshman Katya Vernon pushed the Muskie advantage to 3-0 with her first career goal in the 72nd minute.
- La Roche got on the board in the 84th minute with a goal by Alondra Gonzalez on a pass from Hanna Csoman.
- Muskingum completed the scoring in the 87th minute on a penalty kick by senior Emily Wiley The goal was Wiley's first of the season.
- Muskingum senior goalie Heather Maxwell and freshman Madee Shipley each played 45 minutes in frame. Maxwell made seven saves, while Shipley registered one.
- Muskingum ended the game with 22 shots.
- Kerri Phillis led La Roche with eight shots.
- Marissa Johnson recorded six shots for the Red Hawks.
- The Muskingum women's soccer team travels to Tennessee this weekend to play two games. The Muskies take on Johnson on Friday, September 7, at 7:30 p.m. and Maryville on Sunday, September 9, at 11:00 a.m.